lower leg lymphedema and tummy tuck

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

lower leg lymphedema and tummy tuck

Postby armywife » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Hello one and all,

Here is an update for you...I inquired about having tummy tuck done with LLE...today I got my 3rd and final opinion from Walter Reed plastic surgeon...absolutely NOT to have a tummy tuck asking for trouble....and he said if you were my family member I wold not do this procedure for you...so there you have it.that thought is now long gone from my head...on to another adventure....which is to try and see a lymphedema doctor...that is still in the works...will update that later as well....

armywife
armywife

Re: lower leg lymphedema and tummy tuck

Postby Cassie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Wow, armywife,
That was pretty definitive! Glad you've got that settled and can move ahead with other "projects." That seems to be the one thing we can count on: there's always SOMETHING!
Thanks for letting us know.
Onward, and be well!
Cassie
Cassie
Senior Moderator

Re: lower leg lymphedema and tummy tuck

Postby nancycels » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:30 am

that's my favorite question for surgeons..if i was your wife would you do this procedure... it usually gives u a good idea about their real opinion! Good luck!
nancycels

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories