YES IM NEW

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

YES IM NEW

Postby cathi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:09 pm

ID RATHER BE JUST ABOUT ANY WHERE BUT HERE,,,NO OFFENCE MENT TO ANY ONE ,,,I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE TO START HERE ,,,I GO TO HEART DOC TO BE TOLD BUY HIM I HAVE THIS DISEASE , AND NO NOT ONE LEG BOTH AND ONE HAND IS THIS EVEN POSSABLE ??? WITH ANY LUCK MAYBE HES WRONG???LOOKING AT ALL THE PICTURES DOSENT SEEM TO BE THO,,, WELL GEZZ JUST HOW MUCH BAD NEWS DO I HAVE TO HAVE IN 24 HOURS ,, SEEMS ALOT ... ALL THATS GOING THRO HEAD IS THERE GOS MY HIGH HEELS I KNOW THERE SO MUCH MORE TO THIS BUT HONESTLY THIS IS WHAT IM FOCASING ON, I WAS REALLY REALLY HOPING THE WATER PILLS WOULD TAKE CARE OF ALL THIS SWELLING BUT NOOOOO NOT ME ,,,, HECK NO AM I RAMBLING,,,, YEP I SURE AS HECK AM ,, ILL TRY AND GET A GRIP HERE ,, I THINK I CAN BUT I JUST CANT SEEM TO HOLD A THUGHT ABOUT THIS ,,IT SEEMS JUST TO AWFUL, I NEVER HAD CANCER ,, WHY DID I GET THIS ?? NOT THAT ANY ONE SHOULD ,,, WELL IM GONNA GO I DONT SEEM TO BE IN ANY SHAPE TO TYPE RIGHT NOW BY BY :(
cathi

Re: YES IM NEW

Postby mjn609 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Cati,

I understand how you feel. I too was told by my doctor that I have lymphedema tarda. I didnt' understand what that was, I didn't know why my foot and ankle were so swollen and I couldn't get my shoes to fit me anymore. When I got home and started searching the web for information on this I was in shock and disbelief, I don't know of anyone in my family that has this but maybe they did and didn't know it. I just have this in my left leg right now and I actually just posted a question on if this can go to other parts of my body. Some days I get so depressed about it and then I realize that other people have it some much worse then me and are handeling it and I need to be strong just like they are. I'm so glad to have found this site to read what other people are thinking and how they handle it. I wish I could find a place where I live to go and talk with people, I guess I have to keep looking. But, I just wanted to tell you to please hang in there, hopefully some day soon they will have a cure for this.

Michele
mjn609

Re: YES IM NEW

Postby LymphedemaGirl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:19 am

Dear Cati,

Lymphedema truly is a frustrating, embarrasing, mysterious condition. It takes a long time getting used to having, if ever. I know what you mean about "there goes the high heels". Our lives are changing dramatically with this condition, but we will adjust and keep living our lives.
Don't google pictures of Lymphedema, what you will find is not going to cheer you up.
Lymphedema may not be curable at this time (who knows what the future holds), but do know that your condition can be controlled.

Warm regards,
LymphedemaGirl
LymphedemaGirl

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories