New with lots of questions

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

New with lots of questions

Postby tami » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi- I was diagnosed with generalized lymphedema a couple of weeks ago. I went for my first dct (?) therapy and the therapist mentioned a couple of different diseases and a specific type of the lymphedema.
Does anyone else have generalized le? I have it in my thighs, below knees, under arms (lots of what I call beading), etc.... I am in a great deal of pain and tired. I don't know if this is part of it.

I am also struggling with feeling guilty, did I cause this by lifestyle/weight, etc... ? I'm sure that my life style exacerbated it. I am trying to move past this to a healthier life by using nutrition, exercise, etc.... This is sooooooo tough as they want me to cut out sugar, gluten and wheat, etc...... I am so addicted to carbs! I know that I can do this with support, but initially it is tough to stay away from certain foods. I am going to focus on the goal of feeling good, which will hopefully motivate me to keep trying.

Also wondered if anyone has a suit that they have to wear? They are supposed to measure me for one. Is this something that I have to wear 24/7?

Sorry, to overwhelm, I just have a lot of questions! :)

Thanks for any info, suggestions that you have!
T
tami

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories