Totally hopeless and disgusted

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Totally hopeless and disgusted

Postby emilshere » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:23 am

I have been dealing with a large Massive Localized Lymphedema on my leg for the last 3 years. I have been dealing with morbid obesity for the last ten years. I now am experiencing an area on my swollen thigh where large boils keep popping up, so now I fear I am getting skin infections. I cannot deal with ANOTHER complication to treat and deal with, it's just too much. I am completely pissed and upset and life is pretty much completely empty of any joy. I don't see any happiness in my future with these issues. I hate to say it, but sometimes it is not possible to maintain a positive attitude and sometimes life really does get the better of you. I have no desire to spend the rest of my life fighting these battles.
emilshere

Re: Totally hopeless and disgusted

Postby brendaluvsgarth » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:21 am

I know it seems hopeless, but hope is out there. My husband had a massive lymphedema (80 pounds!!!) removed from his leg in may. It took a lot of struggle to find someone to help him, but help is there. Please private message me so we can talk. Hold on---help IS out there
brendaluvsgarth

Postby blubrdfrend » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:02 am

Emilshere, I understand every word that you said. We have all been there. You are the only one that can control your feelings. Somewhere you will find the strength to deal with this. I have had leg lymphedema for 43 years. I am 65 years old now. I do not regret one day of my life. I am so grateful for every day. There have been bad times. My journey has not been as stressful as Pat's and some of the other members. We all understand.
blubrdfrend

Postby patoco » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Emilshere

Just wanted to say Hi and see how you are doing.

We do understand how you feel and what you are wrestling with. We've been there and done that as they say. Hang on my friend though, it does get better and there are still so many many things you'll be able to do and enjoy.

I've had LE all my life, but in 2006 the combination of lymphedema/lymphoma finally treashed what I had left of my health. I suddenly found myself totally unable to work, spending lots and lots of time in the hospital and having to have people help just to get by day to day. Quite a change for someone who was always the "problem" solver, the caregiver and provider.

I also wanted to ask if the docs are doing anything with the localized LE and what other treatments you have had.

Drop me a note back and let me know.

Also, here is a little piece that might be encouraging:

I am Free

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=379
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories